BBQ Pulled-Pork Sandwiches
Member recipe by moosefactoryuk
- One 2.27kg pork shoulder, cut in half
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon ground coffee (not instant)
- 1 cup water
- 8 brioche buns, split
- Coleslaw, for serving
- Season meat and brown on med high (12 mins) then transfer to plate.
- In pan add tomato paste and simmer on low for 2 mins. Add spices and sugar until sugar dissolves (30 secs). Add vinegar and boil. Add molasses , ketchup, coffee, and water and reduce to simmer.
- Add meat, cover and cook 4 hours. Remove and rest 30 mins.
- Boil sauce until thick (5 mins). Shred pork with forks and mix into sauce.
- Serve on buns with coleslaw.