Chorizo, Tomato, Pork, Stew
Member recipe by ashleyrolfechef
- 860g Leg Of Pork (Cubed, Little Fat)
- 1 Onion Finely Chopped (100g)
- 1 Star Anise
- Rapeseed Oil
- Seasoning (Salt + Pepper)
- 175ml Port
- 400ml Strong Beef Stock
- 200g Smoked Chorizo
- 1 Tin Haricot Beans (Washed And Drained)
- 85g Tomato Puree
- 450g Chopped Tomatoe's
- 2 Cloves Of Garlic (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 3 Teaspoons Hot Paprika
- 3 Teaspoons Chilli Powder
- Lemon Juice (Finish To Taste)
- Bunch Of Corainder (Chopped Roughly, Once!)
- Get a strong pan, put a shallow level of oil into the pan and turn the heat onto medium. Once hot add the onion and the star anise, The reason is the star anise works with the onion to boost the meatiness of the stew and adds an amazing aromat. Cook the onion until translucent to bring the natural sweetness of the onion then add garlic and cook for a fruther 1 minute, after the minute remove the star anise.
- Now add all your spices to the pan and cook for 1 minute to release the fragarance of the spice.
- Now add your tomato puree and when the pan is back up to heat add your port, cook out for 2 minutes until the alcohol content is removed. (Should be a paste type mixture)
- Now add the Beef stock and reduce by half, then add your chopped tomatoes, Chorizo and your raw Pork. the reason for not browning the meat is because I want to keep the meat soft and melt in the mout without the crisp exterior.
- Now all ingridients are in the pan except for the Haricot Beans, place in the oven at 150 oc for 2 hours, then take out from the oven and add the Beans, Seasoning, Coriander and Lemon Juice.
- Your stew is now ready serve with rustic sourdough bread or cous-cous.