Member recipe by ashleyrolfechef
- For The Mushroom Sauce:
- 2 Banana Shallots Or 90G Onion
- 300g Baby Button Mushrooms (Halved)
- 200g Double Cream
- 80ml Brandy
- 30ml Lemon Juice (Use as necessary)
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4g Paprika
- For The Pasta:
- 200g Fresh Tagliatelle
- Firstly add your olive oil to the pan and put on a medium heat, once heated add your onion and sautÃÂ© gently without colour averagely 4-6 minutes, this gets the natural sweetness from the onion
- Once the onion has sweat down turn the heat up to high and add your mushrooms to the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Then add your brandy and cook out again for a further 2 minutes until all the alcohol is removed, were looking for the aromatic flavour of the brandy to come through and soak into the mushrooms as they are acting as sponges and absorbing all the fragrant brandy.
- after the brandy has been cooked out add your cream and turn the heat down immediately to medium, Then simmer for 10 minutes slowly. The reason behind simmering your cream based sauce is one of two, the first so that the pan doesnÃ¢ÂÂt catch and secondly so that the flavour of the sauce is improving and mellowing with the brandy and the onions which will also act as a thickener for the sauce along with the lemon juice.
- Meanwhile while your sauce is slowly simmering heat a pan of water up to boiling point add your pasta and cook to your liking, averagely 4-5 minutes then finish off in the sauce.
- Now that your sauce has been reducing slowly for 10 minutes add your lemon juice and again cook out for 2 minutes, straight after add your paprika and again cook for a further 2 minutes then check seasoning, add your pasta to the pan add coat the pasta evenly then place into bowls for serving