Member recipe by emilylees25
ServingsServes 1 - 8 Cookies
Forget Millie's my search for a perfect cookie recipe has finally concluded... this recipe is totally adaptable and won't dissapoint!
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1/4 tsp bi carb
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup soft light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300g chosen filling (chocolate chips, nuts, crushed oreos, dried fruits, mini marshmallows, crushed pretzels, berries, I have tried and tested all of these and they came out perfectly!)
- The picture above the cookies are made with crushed oreos... My brother's favourite!!
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Sift the flour, cinnamon and bi carb into a large mixing bowl. Add the salt and stir to combine.
- Take the softened butter and both sugars and beat in a large bowl until light, pale and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg into the butter mixture until smooth and combined. Add the vanilla extract.
- Take spoonfuls of the flour mixture and fold into the butter mix until both are combined together without any lumps. Fold through your chosen filling.
- Take a baking sheet. Take small handfuls of the cookie dough roll into balls and space out evenly over the sheet. Leave enough room they WILL spread whilst baking.
- Press down to flatten the cookies slightly. Bake for 15 minutes, they should still look slightly gooey in the middle when you remove them from the oven.
- Leave to cool for about 10 minutes. As if you try to move them whilst hot they will fall apart and wouldn't that just be too cruel. Patience will prove worth it when you take the first bite I promise!