Lemon and ginger cheesecake
Member recipe by louiseh12
Very quick, simple and very tasty cheesecake. Leave overnight for perfection.
- For the base
- 150g ginger biscuits
- 45g melted butter
- (for a deeper base use more biscuits and butter)
- For the cream mix
- 200g cream cheese (philadelphia)
- 397ml sweetened condensed milk
- 140ml double cream
- 3 lemons, grated rind and juice
- Topping (optional)
- Grated lemon rind
- Twisted lemon slices
- Crush the biscuits and add the melted butter.
- Grease a push bottom round cake tin with butter
- Push the biscuit mix into the tin and leave in fridge until the rest of mixture ready.
- Into a mixing bowl put the cream cheese and condensed milk and whisk unitl beaten together smoothly.
- Add the lemon juice and zest and the double cream and continue to whisk for a few minutes.
- Spoon over the base and place into the fridge