Member recipe by hsmyth677
- For the filling
- 300g Plain cream cheese
- 200g Mascapone cheese
- 50ml Double cream
- 200ml Good quality white chocolate. Greens and Blacks works well
- 250g Berries of your choice. Strawberries and Raspberries work well
- For the shortbread base
- 250g Shortbread biscuits
- 70g Butter
- Melt butter in a saucepan on a low heat making sure it doesn't burn. Whiz up the shortbread biscuits in a food processor or break them up with a rolling pin. Mix butter and shortbread crumbs in a bowl and spoon into the base of a spring-form tin. Spread mixture evenly.
- Melt white chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of water on a low heat, stirring occasionally until smooth. Mix cream cheese, mascapone and double cream in a food processor until mixture is smooth. Slowly fold in the melted white chocolate.
- Cut up strawberries or the berries of your choice in small 1 - 2cm chunks. Add into the mixture and give a stir so that they are dispersed equally. Make sure to save a few berries for decoration.
- Pour mixture on top of the shortbread base in the spring-form tin. Smooth the top evenly and put a couple of whole of halved berries on the top for decoration. Leave in the fridge overnight to set and enjoy!