Chocolate peanut cookies
Member recipe by imcalledash
ServingsServes 1 - 8 Cookies
Chocolate chip cookies with a crunchy edge and soft core with just a hint of delicious peanut butter.
- 290g all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 5tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 225g unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 100g granulated sugar
- 220g light brown sugar
- 1tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 340g chocolate chips/chunks
- Preheat oven to Gas mark 4 (350 F/180 C). Put the flour and baking powder in a bowl to one side.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the peanut butter, sugar (both kinds) and butter on medium speed until light and fluffy. This takes around 2 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low and add the vanilla extract, eggs and salt, mixing for 1 minute or until well blended.
- Slowly add the flour mixture until well combined. Then stir in the chocolate chips using a wooden spoon.
- Shape the dough into balls a little bigger than a walnut and place them on a baking tray covered in grease proof paper. Space each one roughly 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, turning the tray halfway through. When done, the cookies should be a pale golden brown on the edge and soft in the middle.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before moving to a wire wrack to cool fully.
- They'll store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 week.