Member recipe by tbob0102
ServingsServes 1 - 2 Pizzas
- 225g strong white flour
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp easy blend yeast
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 175ml warm water
- 2 tbsp plain flour for dusting
- 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2tsp dried oregano
- 150g mozzarella
- Basil for serving
- your choice of toppings
- mix the flour,salt and yeast in a bowl. Add the oil and water. Stir to form a soft dough.
- Knead dough on a floured surface for 5-7 minutes until smooth and elastic. Place in a bowl,cover with cling film and leave in a warm to rise.
- When the dough has doubled in size (1 hour) knead it again on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
- Flour your hands and the work surface. Knead the dough until smooth. Stretch into shape and roll thinly into two circles.
- Pinch up the edges of the dough. Grease the baking sheets, place the bases on the sheets and leave them to rise while you prepare the topping.
- Preheat the oven to 220.C/Gas mark 7. Drain the tomatoes and put in a bowl with the puree and oregano. Mix and season.
- Spread half of the mixture over each base. Arrange your toppings on top. Brush over with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins until the crusts are pale golden and firm. Remove from oven. Decorate with basil and serve.