Fresh ginger beer
Member recipe by coconutraita
ServingsServes 1 - 4 Glasses
A zingy, fiery drink perfect for those wishing to celebrate the party season without alcohol
- * 200 grams ginger
- * 3 lemons
- * 4 heaped teaspoons of moscovado sugar
- * 1 litre sparkling mineral water
- Remove the skin of the ginger and grate coarsely into a large bowl.
- Cut the peel of one lemon into large strips taking care to avoid the pith and add this and the juice of all three lemons into the bowl.
- Add the moscovado sugar and stir the mixture thoroughly taking care to remove any lumps of sugar.
- Then add the sparkling mineral water and stir again.
- Leave the liquid for half an hour for the flavours to infuse and then using a sieve (to remove the ginger and lemon peel) pour the mixture into a jug filled with ice and serve immediately.