Sweet Milk Buns
Member recipe by munatycooking
Sweet Milk Buns can be filled with sweet or savory fillings, or enjoyed plain.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons milk powder
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup warm water (May need more)
- For brushing the buns:
- 1 beaten egg
- To sprinkle on top of buns:
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients. Gradually add the warm water to previous mixture and knead.
- In the beginning the dough will be sticky, but as you keep kneading, you'll notice that the dough is getting firmer and won't stick.
- Knead for 5 to 7 minutes, then cover and let it rise in warm place for an hour or until double in size.
- Punch the dough and knead it for 1 minute.
- Lightly dust your baking sheet with flour.
- Form 4 equal balls from the dough and place on baking sheet, cover with wet cloth and let rise again for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 374F/190C.
- After the 30 minutes, brush the buns with egg and sprinkle sesame seeds. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.