Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Member recipe by gailaderinto
We all feel we should eat brussel sprouts at Christmas but with this recipe people might just enjoy them too! When ready they should look brown with a bit of black on the outside.
- 1 1/2 pounds brussel sprouts, ends trimmed and yellow leaves removed.
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Place trimmed brussel sprouts, olive oil, salt and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Seal tightly and shake to coat.
- Empty onto a baking tray and place in the centre of the oven, leaving to cook for 30 - 45mins shaking every 5 or so mins to ensure an even cook.
- When ready the brussel sprouts should be a dark brown/black colour. Season further if required and serve immediately.