Il lumache di gamberetti
Member recipe by dime_slime
This is a recipe i created after a lot of attempts to find a nice balanced dish. Hope you enjoy.
- 180g king prawns (raw if possible)
- 1 celery stick finely chopped
- 1 red onion diced
- 4 inch piece of chorizo roughly chopped
- 1/4 yellow pepper finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes X2
- 6 baby plum tomatoes halved
- 2 tspn dried basil
- 2 tspn dried chillies
- 2 tspn granulated sugar
- 2 tspn red wine vinegar
- tspn vegetable oil
- 2 tspn tomato paste
- 2 tspn garlic paste
- Lumache pasta (enough for 3 people)
- black pepper
- Prepare all the ingredients in advance so you have everything to hand
- In a large pan on high heat add the oil and chorizo, fry untill slightly browned then add the onion and continue to fry until onion has softened. Add the garlic, cook for another minute then add the celery and yellow pepper, cook for a further 2 minutes. Add in half the basil, half the chillies and the tomato paste, cook for a minute. Now add the tinned tomatoes, sugar, red wine vinegar, garlic paste, the rest of the basil and chillies, stir well and turn the heat down low to barely a simmer, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill another large pan 2 thirds with water and bring to the boil, measure out your pasta. I use the bowl that i am going to serve in to do this, about half a bowl per person should be right. When water is boiling add the pasta and cook for 10 minutes.
- Now put the prawns and baby plum tomatoes into the sauce, turn off the heat and cover.
- Drain the pasta making sure all the water is gone, do not rinse. add the pasta to the sauce so it is nicely covered in the sauce. you might have some cooked pasta left over, if so don't worry its better to have pasta left than put too much in and not have enough sauce.
- I like to leave the pasta in the pan covered while i warm the plates, this seems to make the flavors more intense.
- Divide the pasta evenly between the bowls making sure they all have the same amount of prawns, then sprinkle a generous portion of parmesan on top and serve and enjoy.