Thai Turkey Burgers
Member recipe by le_tucker
Healthy burgers serve with sweet potato wedges and cucumber relish
- 450g turkey mince
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 1tbsp plain flour
- 2 red chillies deseeded and finely chopped
- bunch of spring onions, finely chopped
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 4tsp soy sauce
- Dash of fish sauce
- 1tsp of lemongrass paste
- 2tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 medium egg whisked
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cucumber and diced
- 2tbsp olive oil
- Roasted sweet potato wedges to serve
- Put the turkey mince into a bowl with the breadcrumbs, flour, two thirds of the chillies, spring onions, zest of lime and juice of half, along with 3tsp soy sauce, fish sauce, lemongrass and coriander. Add enough egg to bring it all together. Shape into 4 burgers, put on a lined plate and cover with cling film. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the cucumber relish. Mix the remaining soy, sugar, juice of the remaining 1/2 lime and remaining chilli, pour over the cucumber and combine.
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and brown the burgers for 2-3 minutes on each side. Transfer into the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with the cucumber relish and roasted sweet potato wedges.