Warm Goat's Cheese Salad
Member recipe by broadway__simon
ServingsServes 1 - 1
- 1 Goat's Cheese Round (approximately 150g per person)
- Cos Lettuce
- Kalamata Olives, pitted
- 1 Tomato, Sliced
- 1 Teaspoon of Garlic
- Olive Oil (enough for the salad dressing)
- Crack Pepper for serving
- Pre-heat the oven to 190C.
- Cut the Cos Lettuce up and put it into a serving bowl.
- Put the Goat's Cheese into the oven onto a tray or any dish. Keep an eye on it every few minutes by putting a knife through the middle to see if it is soft in the middle. You want the Goat's Cheese to be firm on the outside but slightly soft and warm on the inside.
- Put some olive oil and minced garlic in a small frying pan. Heat for about 15-30 seconds till it is warm. Pour it over the lettuce. Leave a little bit of oil and garlic in the pan.
- In the pan, heat (not cook) the sliced tomato on both sides and the olives. Then put the sliced tomato and olives on top of the salad. The sliced tomato should be spread round the outer of the salad bowl (so that the Goat's Cheese can be place in the middle)
- Once the goat's cheese is ready, slide it on top of the salad. Cracked Black Pepper to serve.