All Bran Loaf Cake
Member recipe by amyndaz
- 1 cup All Bran
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Self raising flour
- 1 cup Mixed Dried Fruit (I tend to use Apricots and Prunes for a juicier cake) & Almonds (if desired)
- 1/2 cup or 1 cup Soft brown sugar (depending on desired sweetness)
- A standard loaf tin
- Grease and line your loaf tin, and preheat the oven to 170C/fan 150C/gas 5.
- Use a cup to measure the ingredients (I use my small measuring jug featured in the photograph.)
- Pour the All bran and milk into a bowl. Leave the All Bran to soak up the milk (about 5-10 mins.)
- Add the self raising flour and sugar to your mixture and stir.
- Cut up your dried fruit (if using prunes and apricots) and dust with some of the self raising flour. Add the fruit to your mixture and stir.
- The mixture should be thick and gloopy, if it isn't you may wish to add a bit more milk. Transfer the mixture to your loaf tin and put in the oven for 1 hr -1 hr 30 mins. Check on the loaf after 1 hr by putting a knife through the middle, if it comes out clean the loaf is cooked, if not leave it in a little longer.