Crostini au gratin
Member recipe by iremah
- One half baguette
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 150 g/5 oz grated Vasterbottensost
- 200 ml/7 fl oz creme fraiche
- 2 pears
- 2 tbsp light muscovado sugar
- 1 large pack mixed salad e.g. frissee, radicchio and lollo rosso
- 75 g/3 oz walnuts
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the grill to 250C/475F/ High.
- Cut the baguette into 1 cm one half inch slices, brush both sides with a little oil and toast under the grill for a couple of minutes until golden brown.
- Mix the cheese with the creme fraiche and put a dollop on each crostini.
- Cut the pears into 12 wedges. Brush with oil and arrange with the crostini on a baking tray.
- Sprinkle a little sugar over both creamed cheese and pears and grill until the creamed cheese is nicely browned.
- Remove and serve on a bed of lettuce leaves.
- Scatter with walnuts and drizzle with rapeseed oil if desired. Season with salt and pepper.