- 250g green bean, trimmed
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 tsp red Thai curry paste
Many Thai and Thai-inspired dishes start with a highly flavoured paste. These are made from a…
- 1 tbsp finely chopped root ginger
- 500g pork fillet, thinly sliced
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp fish sauce (nam pla)
A seasoning often used in Vietnamese and Thai cooking. In Vietnam it is usually made from shrimp…
- 1 tsp light muscovado sugar
- 400ml can coconut milk
Coconut milk is not the slightly opaque liquid that flows from a freshly opened coconut –…
- 400g can palm hearts, drained, rinsed and sliced
- 1 large lime, grated zest and juice
The same shape, but smaller than…
- a handful each of basil and coriander leaves
Cook the beans in boiling salted water for 5 minutes, then drain and refresh under cold running water.
Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the curry paste and ginger and fry gently until the oil separates out. Tip in the pork and stock, bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the fish sauce, sugar, coconut milk, palm hearts, lime zest and juice and simmer for a further 5 minutes, adding the beans halfway through. Throw in the basil and coriander and serve with rice noodles.