EQ8 Orange & PassionFruit Duck
Member recipe by gressingham
Duck breast on a Mango, Watercress & Cashew Nut Salad by Chris Coubrough
- Duck Breast ingredients
- 2 duck breasts
- 2 tsp fresh chopped coriander
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp root ginger, finely chopped
- ½ chilli finely sliced
- ½ can EQ8 Orange & Passion Fruit
- Yam puree ingredients
- 2 yams
- 1 small potato
- 6 oz butter
- Salad ingredients
- 1 bunch of watercress
- ½ a mango
- 100g roasted cashews
- Sauce ingredients
- 1 can EQ8 Orange & Passion Fruit
- 1 tbsp redcurrant jelly
- 400ml chicken stock
- Lotus root crisp ingredients
- Lotus root
- Sprinkle of salt and cinnamon
- Method for the duck breasts. Marinate the duck breasts with all the duck breast ingredients overnight. When ready to cook, remove the duck breasts from the marinade and brush off the excess seeds etc so as not to burn. Seal in a hot pan skin side down for 2 mins until golden brown. Turn over and seal on flesh side for a further minute. Turn back onto skin side and cook in oven at 200C for 10 mins. Remove from oven and allow to rest before slicing.
- Method yam puree. Peel the yams and potato and chop into small cubes and boil in lightly salted water for 8-10mins until soft. Drain water and mash with butter and season.
- Method salad ingredients. Cut the mango into small dices and mix with the washed watercress and toasted cashews.
- Method sauce. Heat the EQ8 with the redcurrant jelly and reduce by half. Add stock and reduce again until the sauce coats the back of a spoon.
- Lotus Root Crisp Method. Peel the lotus root and slice about 1mm thick on a mandolin. Deep fry in hot oil for 1 min until lightly golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on kitchen paper. Sprinkle with salt and cinnamon.