Member recipe by juicyb
- 5-6 medium sized pototoes
- 1 large onion sliced finely
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 chillies de-seeded and chopped (optional)
- few corriander leaves chopped
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- little oil for frying
- boil potatoes and leave to cool
- fry mustard seed in oil till pops
- add onions and fry till slightly brown. Put in turmeric and and water
- add chillies and salt & pepper
- chop potatoes into bite size pieces and add to mix
- stir till well coated and cover for 5 mins.
- lift lid and add lemon juice and coriander and let steam for another 5 mins.
- serve as side dish or with " puri" or chapattis or parathas.