- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 1 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
An Asian condiment and ingredient that comes in a variety of of varieties ranging from light to…
- 4 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 x 125g skinless pollock fillets
- 1 bunch spring onions, sliced diagonally
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
- ½ cucumber, peeled into strips with a potato peeler
- 140g/ 5oz beansprout
- 100g/ 4oz radishes, sliced
The root of a member of the mustard family, radishes have a peppery flavour and a crisp, crunchy…
- 1 red chilli, chopped (deseeded if you like)
- 3 lime, 2 juiced, 1 cut into wedges
The same shape, but smaller than…
- 1 tsp sesame oil
Mix together the miso paste, soy sauce and half the vinegar. Cover the fish in the marinade and leave for at least 15 mins, or ideally overnight in the fridge.
Mix the spring onions, cucumber, beansprouts and radishes. Make a dressing with the chilli, lime juice and remaining vinegar. Pour over the salad and set aside while you cook the fish.
Heat the sesame oil in a frying pan and cook the fish for 3-4 mins each side. Remove and transfer to a plate. Tip the marinade into the pan, bring to the boil and boil rapidly to reduce by half. Pour over the fish and serve with the salad.