- 4 very large potatoes
The world's favourite root vegetable, the potato comes in innumerable varieties. A member of…
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, ½ grated and ½ finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
The carrot, with its distinctive bright orange colour, is one of the most versatile root…
- 400g/ 14oz beef mince
- 2 tsp jerk seasoning (we used Bart)
- 200g/7oz fresh pineapple (we used pre-cut packet), finely chopped
With its tuft of spiky, dusty green leaves and cross-hatched, golden orange skin, the pineapple…
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- small handful coriander, roughly chopped
- juice 1 lime
The same shape, but smaller than…
- lettuce and burger buns, to serve
Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Scrub the potatoes and cut into chips. Lay the chips in a single layer on a baking tray, drizzle with oil, season and toss to coat. Bake for 40 mins until crisp.
Mix together the grated onion, carrot, mince and jerk seasoning in a large bowl, then shape into 4 evenly sized patties.
Heat a non-stick frying pan till hot, then cook the burgers for 5-6 mins each side.
To make the relish, mix the chopped onion, pineapple, chilli, coriander and lime juice. To serve, place the burgers in split buns with some lettuce and the spicy relish. Serve with the crispy chips.