salmon and watercress souffle
Member recipe by jul34es
- 50g butter
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 225ml semi-skimmed milk
- 75g watercress,stalks removed and leaves roughly chopped
- 4 medium eggs separated
- 212g can pink salmon,drained and flaked
- preheat the oven to 190c/170cfan/gas 5.melt 15g of the butter and grease 4 ramekins.
- melt the remaining butter in a large saucepan.Take off the heat and stir in the flour,mustard powder and worcestershire sauce.Return to the heat and gradually add the milk,stirring until thickened.Season to taste.Stir in the watercress and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Beat the egg yolks,then carefully stir in the salmon.Add this to the sauce.Whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold into the sauce using a large metal spoon.Pour into the souffle dishes and bake for 30-35 minutes until well risen and golden.For a heartier meal,serve with crusty bread and salad.