Tomato and coconut soup
Member recipe by ajctracey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1 large tin plum tomatoes (whole or chopped)
- 100 g dessicated coconut
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger
- 2 bay leaves
- either 1 low-fat chicken stock cube and 500 ml water or 500 ml chicken stock, fat removed
- 200 ml coconut milk, for serving
- Put all the ingredients in a pressure-cooker (or in a pan with a well-fitting lid).
- Close the lid on the pressure cooker and bring up to a low pressure. Cook for about 15 minutes. If not using a pressure cooker, bring to the boil and simmer for about 1/2 hour.
- Remove the bayleaves and blend the soup thorougly using an electric blender. Taste, and adjust seasoning - add some coconut milk at this stage if it is too spicy for your taste.
- Re-heat gently and serve with a swirl of coconut milk.