Delicious chocolate icing
Member recipe by iloveparis59
This is a yummy, chocolate icing which is perfect for cupcakes and cakes. The best icing out there
- Makes enough to frost 12 cupcakes
- 300g icing sugar, sifted
- 100g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 40g cocoa powder, sifted
- 40ml milk
- Few squares of Cadbury's milk chocolate, melted
- If you are making a medium to large cake, simply double the quantity!
- Beat the icing sugar, butter and cocoa powder together in freestanding electric mixer (Or use a handheld electric whisk) on medium/slow speed until the mixture comes together and is well mixed.
- Turn the mixer down to a slower speed. Add the milk to the butter mixture a couple of tablespoons at a time.
- When the milk has been incorporated, add the melted chocolate.
- Once all the chocolate has been combined, turn the mixer up to a high speed
- Continue beating for about 5 minutes, until it is light and fluffy. The longer the frosting is beaten, the lighter and fluffier it becomes! Spread on anything and enjoy!!!!!!! :D