Mums Gruyere Gratin
Member recipe by allman1992
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes
- 200g Of Gruyere Cheese
- 300ml of Double Cream
- Preheat the oven the 170C/fan 180C/non-fan
- Peel the Sweet Potatoes, and cut as many thin slices to cover the bottom of a Shallow Casserole dish with 1 layer, cover the layer with 1/4 of the tub of double cream, then on top of the cream, cover with 1/4 of the Gruyere cheese.
- Repeat this step another 3 times til you have 4 layers of thinly sliced sweet potatoes topped with cream and Gruyere cheese.
- Place on the middle shelf of the oven for 45 mins. (low heat of above as the cheese on top caramelises)
- No need for any seasoning, found that it can spoil the flavours. Tip- thinner the sweet potatoe, softer the dish.