fish pie with sweet potato
Member recipe by jul34es
- 3 decent size sweet potatoes
- 3 decent size potatoes
- 3 eggs
- knob of butter
- 1/2 small onion,peeled and chopped
- 200ml creme fraiche
- 200g smoked haddock
- 150g cooked prawns
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- ground black pepper
- peel and chop the potatoes and boil till soft.In a second pan boil the eggs for about 8 mins till hard boiled.
- meanwhile,heat the butter in a pan andgently fry the onion till soft.stir in the creme fraiche and when the sauce is coming up to the boil add the prawns to warm through.In a frying pan add the haddock cover with water,bring to the boil and simmer for about 5 mins till flaky.
- drain the potatoes when soft and mash with butter and milk.
- add the chopped egg,herbs and mustard to the sauce and season with ground black pepper,then pour into an ovenproof dish,break up the haddock and add to the sauce and mix.
- cook in an oven at 180c/gas 6 for about 20 mins until golden brown then serve.