Mexican Chicken Tortillas
Member recipe by staceyl10
Chicken, fruit, vegetables and sauces create the perfect healthy, quick tea-time meal
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 soft flour tortillas
- 175g grated cheese
- 250g chicken, chopped
- 2 medium tomatos, sliced
- Pineapple chunks
- Soured Cream
- For the Guacamole (optional)
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2 tsp lime juice
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan and add the chicken. Cook until browned and juices run clear.
- Heat a non stick frying pan over a medium heat, swirl 1 tsp of the oil around, then add a tortilla.
- On top of the tortilla, add a handful of cheese, the chicken, a few tomato slices and some pineapple.
- Cook for a few moments to melt the cheese, then fold over and cook until the tortilla is crisp.
- Take the tortilla out of the pan and cut into quarters. Repeat with the other tortillas. Serve with salad and soured cream.
- To make the guacomole, halve, stone, peel and slice the avocado, then mash it up with the lime juice.