mushroom, pear, & stilton soup
Member recipe by byford78
- 3 medium onions - roughly chopped
- 2 medium leeks - halved and chopped
- 4-5 stalks celery - chopped
- 3/4 packet butter salted - not margarine
- 1 1/2 pears - cored and seeded
- 450g mushrooms roughly chopped - any type you like
- 150g stilton
- aprox 1.5 litre veg stock - you might not need all of it
- salt and pepper to taste
- melt butter in a pan and chop the celery, onion, and leeks. add to the butter once it has melted.
- sweat off for aprox 10 minutes to allow maximum flavor. once this is done add the mushrooms and chopped pears.
- allow to cook for aprox 15 - 20 minutes. add the veg stock and leave for another 15 - 20 minutes or until the pear is tender.
- add the crumbled stilton to the mix just before you put into a blender.
- once the mixture has been blended, pass through a sieve to get rid of any fibres from the celery and other veggies. at this point taste for seasoning and add more stilton if desired.
- serve with warm crusty bread and enjoy.