Member recipe by jillsymes
- 225g (8 oz) ginger biscuits or digestive biscuits
- 75g (3 oz) butter
- 675g (1.5 lb) cream cheese
- 175g (6 oz) caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 lemon
- Few drops of vanilla extract
- Fruit for the top
- Pre heat the oven to Gas 2 (150c / 300f) - use butter to grease a round 23cm/9 inch loose-bottomed cake tin
- Put the biscuits into a freezer bag and beat the hell out of them with a rolling pin (or a food processor!)
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the crumbs - mixing well. Tip into the cake tin and push down to an even base with the back of a spoon. Place in the fridge to firm up.
- Mix the cream cheese, caster sugar, eggs, lemon rind, vanilla extract & a big squeeze of the lemon juice and mix till smooth (could use a food processor here too!)
- Pour the mix onto the biscuit base and bake in the oven for 35-40 mins.
- Now switch off the oven - and LEAVE THE CAKE IN THE OVEN to cool down and firm up for at least 2 hours.
- Finally decorate with fruit.