Nutty Choco Tart
Member recipe by emmabridgewater
The perfect ending to a Christmas dinner or a Special Occasion meal.
- FOR CRUST
- 225g flour quantity short-crust pastry
- FOR FILLING
- 200g peacan nuts, roughly chopped
- 85g dark chocolate, also roughly chopped
- 2 eggs
- 115g caster sugar
- 30g unsalted butter
- 55g golden syrup
- 55g clear honey
- icing sugar for decoration
- Heat oven to 200c/ 400f/ gas mark 6.
- Roll out the pastry, line a 23cm/ 9inch trt tin. Chill for 20 minutes. Then blind bake. Allow pastry crust to cool. reduce oven temperature to 170c/ 325/ gas mark 3.
- Put peacan nuts and chopped chocolate into centre of crust and spread out evenly. Mix eggs, sugar, syrup honey and butter together. Pour evenly over the chocolate and nuts.
- place on a baking sheet in centre of oven for 40-45 minutes, until the filling is just set.
- When the top is firm and the edge of the crust is a golden colour, remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with simple vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. (WARNING: DO NOT eat if allergic to NUTS!!!)