Honey Mustard Sprouts
Member recipe by leedaly100
Cooking sprouts in stock rather than water gives them a mellow flavour, here matched with tangy seasonings that work with steak, pork and poultry
- 500 g brussels sprouts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- Trim the brussels sprouts and cut each one in half.
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the sprouts and fry for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, carefully pour in the vegetable stock then stir in the mustard and some salt and pepper.
- Return the pan to the heat and bring to the boil. Simmer uncovered for 3-4 minutes, until the sprouts are tender.
- Stir in the honey and serve immediately.