Member recipe by thrifty
- 1 medium/large onion white or red
- at least 3" of chorizzo cubed
- 3 strips pork belly/diced or 1 chicken breast or same amount of bacon depends on your taste
- half a chilli (optional)
- spring onions (optional)
- tomatoe pureee 2 tsp
- 1 can chopped plum tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup risotto or paella rice (pudding rice might work)
- good knob of butter and a drizzle of olive oil
- basil (fresh)
- balsamic vinagar
- parsley (fresh)
- 2 pints ish of chicken or veg stock (stock 3 cubes will do)
- in a large ish fry pan, put 3" of good chorizo cubed same amount of pork belly cubed 1/2" fry in a little olive oil untill chorrizo starts to release jucies and pork starts to brown...add one finley chopped onion and a knob of butter to the pan, and half a cup of paella or rissotto rice, and continue to fry for a few mins, until the rice looks see through ish, if it starts to burn add a small amount of liquid from the toms like a couple of table spoons or some of the stock, but not much.
- mean while prepare 2 pints of stock, chicken or veg, 1 can of chopped plum toms, salt pepper,tom puree, balsamic vinagar,fine chopped mixed colour peppers, half a de seeded chilli, and 4 cloves of chopped garlic, add the hard ingedients and fry for a couple of mins,
- then add the liquids,,except the stock,,heat up then add the stock gradually,
- the final thing should be slightly runny, and the rice aldente,
- finish with a a bit of fresh basil and parsley mixed into it at the last min and on top to serve. if you like shave some parmesan over.
- season it with salt and pepper to taste (if you used the chilli dont add the pepper )
- pork belly could be swapped for smoked thick bacon. and add chopped spring onions in a couple of mins from the end as well if you wish.