Peanut Butter Choc trifle
Member recipe by joblogs
Chocolate pudding, peanut butter cookie crumbs and peanut butter whipped cream for this lip-smacking trifle.
- Chocolate Pudding (Serves 6)
- 150g sugar
- 40g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 30g cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 720ml milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Simple Whipped Cream
- 240ml double cream
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- Peanut Butter Cookie and Chocolate Trifle (Serves 4)
- 480ml prepared chocolate pudding (recipe to follow)
- Whipped cream (recipe to follow)
- 6-8 of your favourite peanut butter cookies
- 120g peanut butter
- 55g chocolate, melted
- Chocolate Pudding - In a medium pot over medium heat combine sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt, add milk slowly. Bring to a boil. Allow to boil for 2-3 minutes, stirring continually. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour into a heat proof bowl and cover with plastic wrap (place the cling film directly on top of the pudding to prevent the skin from forming). Allow to chill
- Simple Whipped Cream - In a tall mixing bowl whip cold whipping cream until peaks form. To prevent splattering start on low and increase mixer speed until peaks form. Add sugar continue to whip until medium peaks form. Chill until served.
- Crumble cookies by hand or in a food processor, into fine crumbs. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl add whipped cream and peanut butter, gentling fold peanut butter into whipped cream until combined. Set aside.
- In four individual trifle dishes or bowl of your choice, add two to four tablespoons of crumbled cookie to the bottom, shake to disperse evenly. Add some of the pudding to the dishes. Smooth out for an even line. Add 2-4 more tablespoons of crumbled cookie. Add some of the peanut butter whipped cream. Smooth out top for a nice presentation. Refrigerate until ready to serve
- Drizzle with chocolate and sprinkle with cookie