Member recipe by kingcarp2310
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Squares
- 175g (6oz) margarine
- 175g (6oz) Demerara sugar
- 2 tablespoons of golden syrup
- 225g (8oz) rolled oats or porridge oats
- a shallow tin 18 x 27cm (7 x 11in) tin
- put tin on greaseproof paper and draw around it. cut out the oblong just inside of the line.
- Grease the bottom of the cake tin. then add the greaseproof paper and grease the paper. turn oven to 160c/ 325f/ gas mark 3.
- put margarine in a large pan with sugar and syrup. melt the margarine gently. do not allow the mixture to boil.
- take the pan off the heat, add the oats and stir them well so the oats are covered in the mixture.
- spoon the oats into the tin. spread them all over the bottom, then smooth the top with a metal spoon.
- put tin on the middle shelf in your oven and bake for 25 minutes until the oats are golden brown.
- take the tin out of the oven and leave for ten minutes. cut the mixture into pieces. leave them in the tin until they are cold.