Mozzarella couscous bake
Member recipe by bethanyd
A great couscous bake that uses up ingredients that are past their best, but is just as tasty with fresh ingredients! Great for a quick tea-time or to showcase at a meal with friends.
- Half a white onion
- A whole red chilli (or to taste)
- 10 button mushrooms or 3 peeled big mushrooms (or to taste)
- 5 cloves of garlic (or to taste)
- 200g of couscous
- A ball of mozzarella
- A teaspoon of cumin
- Half a teaspoon of garam masala
- Any other type of spice
- Butter or olive oil
- Preheat the oven to the highest temperature.
- Gather your ingredients and finely chop the onion, chilli and mushroom. It may help here to have the onion and chilli on a separate chopping board than the mushroom. Peel and chop, or better yet, use a garlic mincer to mince the garlic finely.
- Heat up a frying pan with butter or olive oil and add the onion and chilli. (If it's all on one chpping board you can just throw it in.) Then prepare your couscous and keep it warm whilst continually moving the onion and chilli, you don't want it too dark coloured.
- When the onion is nearly done, add the mushrooms and any spices you may be adding. Then add the garlic and saute until the mushrooms are nearly done.
- Take the pan of the heat and get a small Pyrex bowl. Layer up the couscous, mushroom mix and mozzerella until the top of the bowl. Then add the remaining mozzarella on the top.
- Put the bowl into the oven for around 10 minutes until the top is crispy. Serve with butter, salt or any seasoning's.