CHRISTMAS COOKIES KOURABIEDES
Member recipe by anastasiavasileiou
ServingsServes 1 - 50 Pieces
- 1 kg butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 small glass of brandy
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 kg of roasted almonds
- 850 grams all-purpose flour
- Rosewater & Icing sugar
- Spread the almonds over a baking tray and roast them at about 160ÃÂÃÂ°C for 10 to 15 minutes until they become a golden colour. Be careful, because if you roast them for too long they become bitter.
- Put the almonds into a blender and grate them coarsely. In a bowl mix the softened butter with the sugar and egg yolks, and beat with the mixer. Add the brandy and continue mixing. Continue by gradually adding the flour and the almonds and mix gently. Leave to rest for 15 -20 minutes. Make small balls of the mixture and place them on a tray covered with greaseproof/baking paper.
- Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 180ÃÂÃÂ°C for 30-40 minutes until they are golden.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with rosewater.
- When the ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂkourabiedesÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ are cold cover them with sifted icing sugar. This is a sweet that we always offer on Christmas and New YearÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂs Eve, but also at formal events such as engagements, marriages etc.