Eryngii Club Sandwich
Member recipe by lhood13
This is a classic pub style sandwich, and has been developed by us to include the delicious Livesey Bros Eryngii Exotic Mushroom. With the texture and flavour of chicken, this Exotic Mushroom fits in well with the traditional club sandwich. For more Exotic Mushroom recipes, visit www.mushroommeals.co.uk!
- 3 Large Eryngii Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 8 Rashers of Bacon
- 12 Slices of Thick White Bread
- 1tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Honey Mustard
- 2 Large Tomatoes
- 1/2 Iceberg Lettuce
- Grill the bacon either side until cooked
- Meanwhile, slice the Eryngii lengthways (about 0.5cm thick) and fry in a little oil until golden
- Lightly toast each lice of bread either side and then spread each with mayonnaise and the mustard
- Top the first layer of bread with the lettuce and bacon, then top with another slice of bread. On top of this slice, place the tomato and then the Eryngii. Top the sandwich with the last slice of bread and secure the sandwich together with a cocktail stick.
- Serve with some fries for a delicious lunch