Member recipe by sailorgirl700
- 1x Quorn Roast Defrosted
- 1x 85g pack of stuffing
- 1x block 500g of puff pastry
- fresh chopped herbs (sage, thyme and rosemary)
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 fat clove of garlic crushed
- 50 g dried fruit (eg cranberries) optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- butter or spread for frying.
- 1 egg (lightly beaten) to glaze
- Cut a thin slice from the bottom of the defrosted Quorn roast to stop it rolling about then cut in half length ways.
- Fry the onions and garlic until soft. Prepare the stuffing as per packet.
- Mix the stuffing, onions, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper and dried fruit if using together and allow to cool then spread a thick layer of the stuffing mix on the bottom half of the Quorn roast then sandwich together with the top half.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface until about 2-3mm thick and large enough to encase the roast. Wrap the roast with the seams of the pastry at the bottom then egg wash the joining pastry well to seal. At this point you can wrap in cling film and store in the fridge if you want to make ahead for Christmas Lunch to save work on the day. Otherwise brush the rest of the pastry with the egg qlaze, you could use some of the off cuts of pastry to decorated the top of the wellington.
- Place on baking parchment on a baking tray and cook in the oven at GM 4 for about 45 mins to 1 hour or until golden in colour.
- Once cooked remove from baking tray and slice carefully then serve with a vegetarian gravy