Mince Pie Mince
Member recipe by bishtopia
ServingsServes 1 - 3 Jars
- 110g sultanas
- 170g each raisins and currants
- 170g grated bramley apples
- 110g suet
- 200g soft brown sugar
- 100g finely chopped mixed peel
- 65g blanched and chopped almonds
- ½ tbsp mixed spice
- the zest and juice of 1 orange
- large splash of brandy
- In a bowl, mix together 110g sultanas, 170g each raisins and currants, 170g grated bramley apples, 110g suet, 200g soft brown sugar, 100g finely chopped mixed peel, 65g blanched and chopped almonds, ÃÂÃÂ½ tbsp mixed spice, the zest and juice of 1 orange, and a large splash of brandy.
- Wash some clean jars in warm soapy water, rinse and dry in a low oven. Spoon the mincemeat into the sterilised jars and seal they wiÂll keep for 12 months.