Apple and Pear Crumble
Member recipe by wildcardpr
This crumble is perfect for warming you in winter. The crumble topping is made from the Jordans Honey Country Crisp and honey, it is best served with silky soft cinnamon cream.
- Prep time: 20 mins
- Cook time: 40 mins
- 125g butter
- 4 eating apples, thinly sliced
- 2 pears, thinly sliced
- 100g honey
- 80g light brown soft sugar
- ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 150g plain flour
- 100g Jordans Honey Country Crisp
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 200ml double cream
- Honey, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/ fan 170 F/ Mk 4. Butter a 1 litre ovenproof baking dish with 25g of the butter.
- Toss the apples and pears in the honey, 30g of the sugar, and the vanilla extract. Spoon into the baking dish and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rub together the remaining butter with the flour. Stir in the remaining sugar, and the Jordans Honey Country Crisp. Spoon this over the apples and pears in the dish, and bake for a further 30 minutes.
- To serve, whip the cream until thick, and stir in the cinnamon. Sweeten with extra honey if desired. Serve the crumble warm with the cream on the side.