Member recipe by rhea07
- 3 large eggs
- 50g grated Parmesan cheese
- 250g spinach or mixed leaves
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- 2 large cuts of veal escalope
- 6 slices Parma or cured ham
- Mix the eggs and Parmesan into a mixing bowl, beat and add your choice of seasoning.
- Lightly steam cook the spinach or mixed leaves in a frying pan until soft, then add the egg and cheese mix into the frying pan to create a light textured omelette, being careful not overcook.
- Slice the red pepper into large long slices and lightly griddle to soften.
- Lay the veal escalope flat out onto your board and cover with the Parma ham layers. Add the spinach omelette mix on top of the Parma ham to create another layer.
- Finally add the red peppers to form another layer, roll the veal into a Swiss roll and then tie the veal using cocktail sticks or for a larger roll use string.
- Use egg or batter mix on the outside and then coat the veal with the breadcrumbs. Oven bake uncovered on a lightly oiled baking tray for 35-45 minutes at 200@C/Gas 6 until golden brown and thoroughly cooked. Remove the cocktail sticks before serving.