Sping Vegatable & Chicken Stew
Member recipe by roobarb100
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 slices flat pancetta, chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, finely chopped
- 12 eschalots, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 25g unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 600ml hot chicken stock
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets, each sliced into 6 pieces
- 250g baby new potatoes
- 125g green beans
- 460g fresh broad beans
- 250g fresh peas
- 3 tbsp sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Heat the oil in a shallow flameproof casserole over medium heat and gently cook pancetta for 2-3 minutes until golden and crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- Add fennel, eschalot, garlic and butter to the pan and cook for 5 minutes or until starting to soften. Stir in flour and cook for a further 1 minute, then slowly stir in wine and stock. Bring to a simmer then add chicken, pancetta and potatoes and cook for 10 minutes or until the chicken is just cooked through.
- Add green beans, broad beans and peas and simmer for 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in pesto, season and garnish with parsley, to serve.