Cauliflower & Quinoa Salad
Member recipe by roobarb100
- 350g cauliflower (about 1/2), cut into small florets
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Finely grated rind and juice of 2 lemons, or to taste
- 100ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 400g canned chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 200g quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups each coarsely torn flat-leaf parsley and mint
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 100g Greek feta or labne, coarsely crumbled
- Preheat oven to 220C. Combine cauliflower, garlic, half the lemon rind and 1 tbsp oil in a bowl, season to taste, spread on a large oven tray and roast until golden and tender (15-20 minutes).
- Pat chickpeas dry with absorbent paper, then combine with remaining lemon rind and 1 tbsp oil in a bowl, season to taste, spread on a oven tray and roast until gold (15-20 minutes).
- Meanwhile, place quinoa and 375ml salted water in a saucepan, simmer over medium heat until water is absorbed (12-15 minutes), drain through a fine sieve to remove excess liquid and spread on a tray to cool slightly.
- Combine parsley, mint, spring onion, sherry vinegar, lemon juice and remaining oil in a large bowl, add cauliflower, chickpeas and quinoa, season to taste and toss to combine. Scatter with feta and serve warm.