Tuna & broccoli pasta bake
Member recipe by hillaccounting
My granddaughter loved this recipe. It makes a super lunch served with salad or a light supper on its own.
- 2 x 185g cans tuna in olive oil, drained well, 1 tbsp oil reserved
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes with garlic and herbs
- 350g/120oz dried pasta shapes
- 300g/11oz broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 200g/7oz pack light soft cheese
- 100g/4oz cheddar, finely grated
- 25g/1oz breadcrumbs
- salad, to serve (optional)
- Heat the reserved oil from the tuna in a very large saucepan. Tip in the tomatoes, plus 200ml water and simmer while you cook the pasta, following pack instructions. Add the broccoli for the final 3 mins, then drain, reserving some of the cooking water.
- Heat the grill. Stir the soft cheese into the tomato sauce until melted, then mix with the pasta, broccoli and drained tuna. Season with salt and pepper.
- Tip into an ovenproof dish and sprinkle on the cheddar and crumbs. Grill, not too close to the heat, for about 4-6 mins until golden and bubbling. Serve with a big side salad, if you like.