Under Cover Cookies
Member recipe by sweetunique
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Cookies
- 2 cups flour,
- 1/2 cup butter softened,
- 1/2 cup shredded mixed Parmesan and Cheddar cheese,
- 2 egg yolks,
- 3 spoons poppy seed,
- 4 spoons buttermilk,
- 1/2 teaspoon salt,
- 20 dates cut in half;
- In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients, (minus dates) until well incorporated.
- Refrigerate dough for one hour to rest.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Roll dough 1/4 in. thick and cut into 1 1/2 inches rounds .
- Place half date on top of each cookie and seal.
- Place cookies onto ungreased baking sheet and bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Dust with powder sugar.