Member recipe by sweetunique
- For the topping:
- 3/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup mozzarela cheese
- 1/2 cup monterey jackcheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 pcs meatballs, diced
- For the dough:
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 packages dry yeast
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- cornmeal for sheet pan
- How to make the dough:
- Mix flour and salt in a bowl. In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, pour the mixture. Combine the warm water and sugar in a measuring cup. Sprinkle the yeast over the warm water. Let stand until foamy in appearance, about 5 minutes. Pour the water and oil into the food processor. Process until the mixture becomes a ball.
- Remove the dough from the food processor and put on lightly floured surface. Slightly knead until smooth. Put in a greased bowl and let rise in a warm place (about 45 minutes).
- Punch down the dough and let rise for another 45 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces. Roll each piece on a clean surface, with a bit of flour if necessary, to a 6-inch circle.
- Meantime, dust 2 sheet pans lightly with cornmeal. Place the dough disks on the prepared sheet pans and top with sauce and toppings.
- preheat oven to 500F. Now, youâre ready to do the toppings.
- Brush dough with tomato paste the add sundried tomatoes. Distribute evenly all topping ingredients except cheese. Put a dash of salt and pepper.
- Add cheese. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes.