Member recipe by sweetunique
- 1 mug Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 mug Sweetner Sugar
- 1 mug Semi-skimmed milk
- 1 mug Wheat or 5 wheatabix (crumbled)
- 1 mug Saltanas
- 1 teaspoons mixed spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- In a mixing bowl mix wheat, saltanas and sugar. Stir in milk, cover and leave to soak for at least 1hr - 2hrs.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and mixed spice, stir well. The mixture will be quick thick and sticky.
- Transfer mixture to well greased loaf tin.
- Place in a moderate oven 150-160C for 1hr - 1hr 15mins. check with skewer to ensure cooked.
- (Tip: half way through cooking time, cover with foil to prevent over browning)
- Allow to cool for 5mins before turning out of tin and onto a baking tray.
- This cake is a lovely lower fat alternative to fruit cake. Its wonderful sliced warm with low fat spread/butter.