Sausage and apple casserole
Member recipe by vikkiekaye
- 8 pork and apple sausages
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 large sprig rosemary, leaves only
- 2 red skinned apples, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 pt vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1. Heat oil in a large pan on a medium heat, fry the sausages 5 mins turning frequently.
- 2. Scatter over the onion, and cook for another 5 mins until softened.
- 3. Increase the heat and add the rosemary and apples, and cook for 3-4 minutes till the apple changes colour.
- 4. Add the cranberry sauce and mustard to the stock and stir, then add the stock to the pan too.
- 5. Bring to the boil and simmer uncovered for 10 mins.
- 6. Season to taste and serve with mashed potatoes (sweet potatoes work well with this dish)