Plain and Simple Cheese Scones
Member recipe by smelliejelliekellie
ServingsServes 1 - 8 Pieces
- *This recipe makes 8 standard size scones or 12-15 mini scones!
- 225g self raising flour
- 150ml milk (plus extra to brush the tops)
- 55g butter
- 100g grated mature cheddar cheese
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to gas mark 6/ 200 C/ 400 F. Grease a baking tray and dust with flour to stop the scones from sticking.
- Rub together flour, salt and butter until the consistency of fine breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the grated cheese until evenly distributed throughout the flour mixture.
- Add the milk in 4 stages, as you may not need to use all of it. Once mixed together (it's best to use your hands!), form the dough into a ball and pat into a circle.
- Roll out the dough to about 2 cm thick, then cut out your desired shapes. Place on your prepared baking tray and brush the tops with milk.
- Place on the top shelf of the oven and bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Best eaten fresh from the oven!