Member recipe by lorenzen
ServingsServes 1 - 16 Pieces
Coconut macaroons as I remember them from childhood. An incredibly simple-to-make sweet treat and an excellent way to make something special from left over egg whites.
- 3-4 sheets of rice paper
- 100g dessicated coconut
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 (medium-sized) egg whites
- 1tbsp plain plour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 75g dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 160C/fan. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and then the rice paper
- Mix the dessicated coconut, sugar, flour, salt, vanilla extract and egg whites togther in a bowl. The mixture should be 'gloopy' and sticky.
- Spoon the mixture into rounded 'dollops' onto the rice paper and cook in the oven, on the middle shelf, for 14-16 minutes until the macaroons are lightly golden brown. Allow to cool.
- Melt the dark chocolate over a bain-marie or in the microwave, then drizzle over the macaroons.